A radical change going on
2009 has been a very traumatic year in both a positive and negative way. I am going to be totally honest here, I don’t want 2010 going the same way. I want 2010 to be a year of calm settled life.
I don’t generally do the whole New Year Resolution thing, I never much see the point to it. This outgoing year though, this is going to be different because, this year, I have baggage to sort out.
This is what I have set in my mind for 2010
- People either go into it with us totally or they become the problem to be removed from the picture
- At least once, Deej and I are going to go on holiday alone together to see if we can’t remind ourselves what a relationship is like
- We are going to go on holiday as a family
- Anyone who lies to us is gone, history, no longer related to in any way at all.
- We are going to make a bigger effort to see friends and remain in contact
- No more excuses not for us or anyone else. If someone wants to be the person they ‘just are’ then that’s cool, but not on my watch around my family!
- I am going to say ‘No’ more often
- I want zero contact with social workers except those for Zoey or those I happen to work alongside at the Carers Centre.
- We are going to get Deej officially ‘John Williams’ everywhere
- Sean is going to get a passport!
- The benefits situation is going to be sorted totally, no more pissing about with arseholes!
- I am going to stop being nice to people when I really think they are twats that need to grow up!
I reckon there may be many other things I shall think of but those shall be the ones top of my list.
Generally speaking, I am going to help anyone who wants help and who appreciates it. I am not going to waste my time with those too lazy to make an effort, drunks, druggies and those who have no intention of changing. Everything for those who need it, nothing for those who don’t … I can’t say fairer than that.